Why I Follow Saint Jude of Thaddeus in Twitter



When my youngest brother and I were still kids, our mom and dad brings us every Thursday night to the National Shrine of Saint Jude Thaddeus in Manila right beside MalacaƱan Palace, the official residence and principal workplace of the President of the Philippines. 

Our typical travel time usually took us an hour to reach the shrine. There was a jeepney ride to Blumentritt, another one headed to Quiapo, a long walk to the unpleasant aroma of the underpass, another jeepney ride to the palace, and last would be the long walk under the beautiful moonlight.

St. Jude, Stained Glass, Chicago IL


Memorable stories were relayed by my mom about how our devotion to St. Jude started. Here are a brief of my top two favorites: The first story was my dad's prayer of intention that he may be blessed with a job abroad to provide for our family. He devoted his Thursdays there at the Shrine and pray for his intention. "Rain or shine", he said, and even if the doors were closed when he got there late at night. The next story was my mom's. She said that she's been wanting a baby girl for so long since she got four boys already. She told me "I prayed for you there, and granted you to me".

St. Jude - Chicago, IL
I could still recall how my parents looked like as they close their eyes and whisper their prayers. I was confused then if they were either praying to Jesus or to the Saint. As I grew up, I realized that they prayed to both, but I soon got busy at the same time. I seldom come along with them because I got tied up with school and work hazards. 

I may not regularly go there every Thursday, but I still find time to visit the Shrine. 

I was exhilarated when I found out that Shrine of Saint Jude has a Twitter account. Of course, I followed it. And the first tweet that I received was "Request a Mass at the National Shrine of St. Jude for your special intention" accompanied with a link to its site hosted by The Claretians, whose mission is to exist to bring together devotees of St. Jude in a community of prayer and hope. 



Watch this video tour of the Shrine in Chicago, IL plus a special prayer that you may use daily:



Thursdays (Manila) are the official novena day of the devotees to pray their special intentions and thanksgiving.


remind us that Jesus is the light of the world.


Prayer to St. Jude:
Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (here make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.




Sweet Says... take time to reflect on a lot of things especially the blessings we receive everyday. Experience serenity and deepen our devotion through the help of St. Jude, a faithful friend in times of difficulty.



To follow on Twitter, click HERE.







No comments:

Post a Comment