Are You A "Sign Seeker?"



A couple of days ago, my brother from Dubai shared a cute video on Facebook. It was a film by Carlo Directo, which is part of the "Kasambuhay, Habambuhay: Short Film Anthology of Nestlé Philippines.

"In celebration of its 100 years in the country, Nestlé Philippines kicked off its many exciting offerings with its centennial TV commercial themed Kasambuhay, Habambuhay (Companion in Life, For Life). Sharing stories of how Nestlé has been a Kasambuhay to Filipino families for generations all told just in seconds via the TV commercial, the company is now taking its celebration to the next level with its 100 minute anthology of 10 short, entertaining and creative films directed by a select roster of commercial directors who have helmed Nestlé TV commercials."

This short film starring John Lloyd Cruz and Solenn Heussaff, is entitled "Sign Seeker". Go ahead and watch this video below before I spoil you.



Did you like it? I did. I see myself like that before. But there was this time when I told myself I have to stop seeking signs. Why? Because I felt manipulative and sometimes oblivious. Manipulative that I tend to wish obvious signs, like a free doughnut from Krispy Kreme. Oblivious that sometimes I have the sign surrounding me but I am too busy to notice. There were also times when I realized it is a sign but is too scared to acknowledge it as one. And of course, there were times when you misinterpret something to be a sign. I don't seek signs as often now. Doing so is like depending on a Magic 8 Ball to decide on every situation. But that's just me. 

I think some people seek signs because they want confirmation of the truth,  they want to have an occasion to excuse their unbelief, they are simply curious thrill-seekers, or they hope to get something for themselves. 

But when a sign is given, what do you actually do next? Do you seek another sign or do you act on how you interpreted it? 

Sweet Says ... I cannot really answer for you whether or not signs are true. I think what matters is what you believe in and what step you take to move forward. These signs may be an inspiration, a calling, a distraction, a complicated puzzle than an answer. I hope we'll be wise enough to distinguish it rather than impulsively deciding on a matter.








No comments:

Post a Comment